IT Support Analyst
Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (formerly Canadian Construction Materials and Engineering, or CCMET) was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an IT Support Analyst for our IT department in Burnaby BC.
- Assist all team members with computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software) and data management
- Assist IT department with any IT Project related initiatives
- Travel to branches to perform onsite desktop support where remote assistance is not sufficient
- Provide assistance in the use of computer hardware, Windows operating systems, Office 365 administration and Microsoft office suite of products
- Working with Active Directory as well as workgroup environment
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, tablets, network printers and VOIP phones as well as mobile devices
- Educate and Support users on ERP system and build knowledgebase
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- 1-2 years of related experience with Windows laptops, tablets and desktops running Windows 7, 8 and 10. Recent graduate of a Computing program are encouraged to apply
- CompTIA A+ is required, Network+ & Microsoft Certification are asset
- HTML and Java scripting experience
- Previous experience with Netsuite is an asset
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Work well under pressure
- Calm demeanor, attentive to client needs and patient with trivial IT concerns and day to day mundane tasks
- A can do attitude
- Must be able to document procedures and cultivate the documentation tree
- Must be able to lift 60+ pounds
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be prepared to travel as needed
- Interest in learning the company culture
- Takes pride in their work and strives for excellence in the mundane
- Bonus if you have basic web development skills
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual in a Junior Helpdesk Role with growth potential in a dynamic interesting and diverse work environment.
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.