Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (formerly Canadian Construction Materials and Engineering, or CCMET) was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta. We have over 230 employees across 13 divisions who are engineers, technologists, scientists, technicians and professionals in their field to deliver the service, support, and solutions to our clients’ construction projects in the residential/commercial/industrial, oil-and-gas, mining, and transportation market sectors. We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
At Metro, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying, and empowering company. We value and respect our employees’ experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion, and diversity, and their innovative approach to work and to life.
Who we are looking for:
Metro is currently seeking an experienced Intermediate to Senior Registered Professional Biologist in its Burnaby, British Columbia office to join our team and support our environmental projects throughout British Columbia. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be as follows:
- Completing environmental assessments and monitoring, and weekly reports for a variety of construction projects.
- Being able to sign off on wetland/riparian area work under the Wetlands and the Water Sustainability Act would be a significant asset (i.e., Authenticating Professional).
- Completing wildlife , waterbody, vegetation, and general ecological surveys.
- Coordinating and completing fieldwork both in town and out of town.
- Preparation and review of reports (e.g., Riparian Area Assessments, Biophysical Impact Assessments, Environmental Protection Plans, Erosion and Sediment Control Plan, Environmental Overviews, Mitigation Plans, Wetland reports.
- Supervision of junior professionals.
To excel in this role, you will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of environmental consulting experience in British Columbia.
- University degree.
- Professional status as a Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.).
- Demonstrated experience in various biophysical assessments on a variety of small, medium, and large construction projects.
- Ability to deal professionally and effectively with clients, co-workers, and government officials.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, where priorities can change shift quickly; Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication and writing skills to create, edit, review, and write reports.
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.