Materials Testing Technician - On Call
Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (formerly Canadian Construction Materials and Engineering, or CCMET) was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta. We have over 230 employees across 13 divisions who are engineers, technologists, scientists, technicians and professionals in their field to deliver the service, support, and solutions to our clients’ construction projects in the residential/commercial/industrial, oil-and-gas, mining, and transportation market sectors. We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
Metro Testing + Engineering (Edmonton) is currently looking for a Materials Testing Technician.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sample and test soils and concrete in the field and lab settings
- Follow company protocols and compliance with regulations for non-conformant test results. Troubleshoot non-conformance issues
- Transportation of test samples, proper storage and handling of specimens in both field and laboratory settings
- Data compilation, review and analysis. Report writing
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Previous experience is required
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to lift and control weights up to 50lb
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.