Coring/Specialty Testing Technician
Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (formerly Canadian Construction Materials and Engineering, or CCMET) was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
Our Mainland Divisions are looking for a Coring/Specialty Testing Technician to join our dynamic team.
Main Duties include, but not limited to:
- Concrete coring (inc. Shotcrete panels on site)
- Anchor/Pull testing (rebar, pucks, anchors)
- Window Testing
- Some GPR work
- Other duties may be required
- Candidates must be physically able to lift 20-60lbs (9-28kgs)
- 1-5 years of coring experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of shotcrete, GPR or window testing will be an added bonus
- CCiL/ACI certified or able to obtain certification
- Proficient at report writing, review, and interpretation
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to liaise with clients, and think on one’s feet
- Hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to lift and control weights
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees.