Materials Testing Technician
Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (formerly Canadian Construction Materials and Engineering, or CCMET) was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
Metro Testing + Engineering (Courtenay) is currently looking for an experienced Materials Testing Technician to work on various projects in and out of town. This role will report directly to the Branch Manager.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform concrete and compaction testing
- Complete reports using our customized computer program
- Liaise with clients in person and over the phone
- Assist around the lab as required
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience is an asset
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and control weights up to 50lb
- Driver’s licence and suitable vehicle to transport testing equipment
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.